Thursday, June 5, 2014

End of the Year One Day Lesson - Sidewalk Chalk

The end of the school year is hectic for everyone.  In the art room, we have to worry about finishing projects for the art show, getting everything graded, and passing the artwork back for the kids to take home, all while juggling changes in schedule for assemblies, incentives, and the multitude of random events that seem to pop up and take away from special time.

So this year, I decided to wrap up our major projects within the first few weeks of May, and filled the last class time or two with one-day activities to get ready for summer and end the year in a fun way. I thought I'd post some of the cool things we did in Art the last few weeks of school.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures with my camera of the games, so I drew pictures of our activities instead.


We were fortunate enough in southwest Ohio to have some beautiful days to close out the year, so on the last day, we went outside and decided to plaster the playground blacktop with sidewalk chalk.  We started by drawing pictures of summer plans - activities or vacations, whatever - and pretty much ended by drawing whatever came to mind.  Lots of kids going to King's Island this summer.  Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment