Wednesday, March 6, 2013

MH - Making Paint!

Ms. Schuler's MH class did an awesome job making watercolor paints out of old, dried up markers!  Each time a student brought me a dried out marker this year, I stored it away in a box with the intention of reusing them somehow.  Turns out you can soak them in water and make your own paint.  I thought this would be a great activity to do with the special needs students I see each week, and they really did a nice job!

Here are the instructions I drew on the board for them to look at as we went along.


Here the kids are testing and sorting the dried out markers and the usable markers.



The dried out markers are being sorted into color-coded bins.



Finally they put 3 or 4 markers in each baby food jar filled with water to soak out the color.

Excellent!



No comments:

Post a Comment